Friday, October 31, 2014

Perpetual vows / Votos perpetuos

Petra (Indonesia) y/and Yolanda (Paraguay)

by  Maria Margaretha “Petra” LIMIJATIN, sscc
Petra
English / Spanish


“To let your net down into deep water’’ is our theme for preparing our final vows. This theme invites me to go deeper into myself and to know that this is a journey that will help me to find my real self.

I know I am made in the image of God and that I am loved by Him, as I am. So if I am convinced that God loves me, nothing can separate me from His love. But in reality I am so easily shaken by the world around me, such as circumstances, relationships with others etc.  How can I avoid been shaken by the world around me? By creating my inner world, my inner peace which is rooted in God’s love.

In order for this to happen I have to let go off my unhealthy attitudes:
         ·        such as expecting to be loved by everyone for everything I do
         ·        that once something affects my life, it will affect it forever
         ·        that I am worthless and unlovable
         ·        that I must have perfect  self control
         ·        that I should be terribly upset by certain situation

Group of sisters in preparation for final vows, Manila
So if I can let go off these unhealthy attitudes I can be a free person who will not have any expectation of appreciation or affirmation for  what I do  because I know I am worthy in God’s  sight. I am free also to accept situations (even difficult ones) and I will not desire to control my life as I want to. Therefore I can be happy because happiness not only depends on people or circumstances but depends on me, as I am in charge of my life and I choose to be happy because I know that God loves me so much.

 When I looked back on my journey in religious life during the past ten years, I realize that God’s love has always accompanied me. But these two months of preparation, invite me to go deeper, to be rooted in God’s love within me and to share the love of God with others.

SSCC sisters in Manila /Hermanas sscc en Manila
  
“Echar sus redes en aguas profundas” ha sido el tema para el tiempo de preparación de los votos perpetuos. Este tema me invita a profundizar en mí misma y a ser consciente que este es un medio que me permitirá encontrar mi verdad más profunda.

Sé que estoy hecha a imagen de Dios y que Él me ama como soy. Por tanto, si estoy convencida de que Dios me ama, nada me separará de su Amor. Sin embargo, en la realidad, frecuentemente me siento tambaleada por el mundo que me rodea, las circunstancias, las relaciones con los demás, etc. ¿Cómo puedo evitar no ser sacudida por lo que me rodea? Sencillamente creando un mundo interior, una paz interior que está enraizada en el Amor de Dios.

Para que esto ocurra, tengo que abandonar mis actitudes poco saludables:
-         esperar ser querida por todos por lo que hago
-         pensar que si alguna vez algo afecta mi vida, lo hará siempre
-         que soy inútil y desagradable
-         que tengo que tener siempre mis sentimientos bajo control
-         que debiera molestarme por ciertas situaciones..

Por tanto, si puedo abandonar estas actitudes, puedo ser una mujer más libre, que no esperaré ninguna apreciación o afirmación por lo que hago, porque sé que a los ojos de Dios soy preciosa.

Me siento también libre de aceptar situaciones (incluso las difíciles) y no desearé controlar mi vida como yo quiero. Puedo ser, pues, feliz, porque la felicidad no sólo depende de las personas o circunstancias, sino de mí, porque yo soy la dueña de mi vida y elijo ser feliz porque sé que Dios me ama mucho.

Cuando miro atrás, el camino recorrido en mi vida religiosa durante los últimos 10 años, me doy cuenta que el Amor de Dios me ha acompañado siempre. Sin embargo, estos dos meses de preparación, me invitan a profundizar más, a estar más enraizada en el Amor de Dios y compartirlo con los demás.


-----------------------



Yolanda
Yolanda Aguilar Román sscc
English / Español


"How many wonders you have done in my life, my Lord; there is no one like You capable of so much love for your people.   I want to give witness to your goodness and tenderness to me and sing, Lord Jesus, what you have done with my story.  I thank you with all my heart, I'm glad to be with you".

This fragment of Psalm 39 expresses the experience of God during these formative years in religious life that I could envision, discover and feel. Such greatness of God, such marvels He has done in me and continues to do.  I feel very loved and called to respond in this style of consecrated life within the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.

Jesus invites me to throw my net further, into deeper waters, in order to 'fish' with deep insight into life; mine and that of others.  I am invited to enter the depths of the human heart as a faithful instrument of the Lord, bringing and sharing the love and mercy of our great God and handing over the Presence which humanizes, liberates and transforms the heart.

"The best way to be all to God is to be all to the neighbor" Good Mother.

These words of the Good Mother constantly resonate within me and invite me to give myself fully and completely to the service of others: in the everyday, the simple; to be attentive to the emerging needs of our Church and of the Congregation; to be available to be sent where life calls and where there is need to proclaim the Kingdom, renouncing myself to serve others.

I have said my "yes" to the Lord forever because I have learned to savor the true joy that comes from God.   I am happy, full with what I am and what I do.  I love the Charism, Spirituality and Mission which have answered and completely satisfied my deepest desires. I am certain that God's desire is inscribed in my heart because I have been created by Him and for Him, therefore He does not cease to draw me to Him where I find love, truth, freedom and real joy.

With my definitive 'yes' I put in the hands of God my whole being, my trust, everything I am and all that I have.  To be all for God, to put my "hand to the plow" and always look forward, to let Him drive the boat of my life according to his designs because I firmly believe that He takes my hand and leads me in the path He has chosen for me.


I say again "Thank you Lord for all the wonderful things you've done in my life and continue to work every day"


-----------------

“Cuantas maravillas has realizado en mi vida, Señor mío; como tú no hay nadie capaz de tanto amor hacia las personas. Quiero dar testimonio de tu bondad y ternura para conmigo y cantar, Señor Jesús, lo que tú has hecho con mi historia. Te doy gracias de todo corazón, me alegro contigo”.

Este fragmento del salmo 39 expresa la experiencia de Dios que durante estos años de formación en la vida religiosa pude vislumbrar, descubrir y palpar. Tanta grandeza de Dios, tanta maravilla ha hecho en mí y sigue haciendo. Me siento muy amada y llamada a responderle desde este estilo de vida consagrada dentro de la Congregación Sagrados Corazones de Jesús y de María.

 Jesús me invita a lanzar mis redes más allá, en lo más profundo del mar, para pescar en la profundidad de la vida; de la mía y la de los demás. Me siento invitada a entrar en lo más profundo del corazón del ser humano como un instrumento fiel del Señor, llevando y compartiendo el Amor,  la misericordia de nuestro buen Dios y  entregar su presencia que humaniza, libera y transforma el corazón.

Martina Barrios y Yolanda Aguilar, en su profesión perpetua
Asunción, Paraguay.
“La mejor forma de ser toda de Dios, es ser toda del prójimo” (Buena Madre).
Estas palabras de la Buena Madre resuenan en mi interior constantemente y me invitan a entregarme total y plenamente al servicio del prójimo, desde lo cotidiano, lo sencillo, estar atenta a la necesidades emergentes de nuestra Iglesia, de la Congregación, estar disponible a ser enviada  donde la vida clama y donde haya necesidad de anunciar el Reino renunciando al propio yo egoísta para servir a los demás.

He pronunciado mi “SÍ” para siempre al Señor porque simplemente aprendí a saborear la alegría verdadera que viene de Dios. Soy feliz, plena con lo que soy y lo que hago, amo el Carisma, la Espiritualidad y la Misión responden y satisfacen totalmente mis deseos más profundos.  Tengo la certeza de que el deseo de Dios está inscripto en mi corazón porque he sido creada por El y para El, por lo tanto, no cesa de atraerme hacia El donde encuentro el Amor,  la verdad, la libertad y el auténtico gozo.

Con mi “sí” definitivo pongo en las manos de Dios todo mi ser, mi confianza, todo lo que soy y lo que tengo, es ser toda de Él, es poner la “mano en el arado” y mirar siempre adelante, dejarle conducir la barca de mi vida de acuerdo a sus designios porque creo firmemente que Él me toma de la mano y me guía por el camino que había escogido para mí.

Me queda decir una vez más “gracias Señor por tantas maravillas que has realizado en mi vida y sigues obrando todos los días”


  

1 comment:

  1. Are you searching for a very genuine loan at an affordable interest rate of 3% process and approved within 4 working days? Have you been turned down Constantly by your Banks and other financial institutions because of bad credit? Loans ranging from $5000 USD to $20, 000, 000 USD maximum LOANS for Developing business a competitive edge / business expansion. We are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, Fast and dynamic for real estate and any kinds of business financing. Contact us for more details and information.
    Thanks & Regard
    Call/Whats App 918929509036
    (Whats App) 918929509036
    Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd
    E-mail: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete